I’m old enough that I remember when my “social network” only consisted of those who were on my email contact list. Back in the good ‘ol days of 8th grade (2000-2001), the popular thing to do was to email “friend surveys” back and forth which contained an assortment of random questions. Also, everyone had completely random email addresses because they were trying to be clever. My first one was “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
I decided to bring the classic friend survey back this week and, as a way for my new church family to get to know me and current friends to expand their knowledge, fill one of them out.
* NAME: Jared Bennett
- WHAT TIME DID YOU GET UP THIS MORNING?
- DIAMONDS OR PEARLS?
Diamonds are more handy in Minecraft so I’d have to go with those
- WHAT WAS THE LAST FILM YOU SAW AT A THEATER?
“Star Trek Into Darkness”
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
- WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR BREAKFAST?
Bowl of cereal
- WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME?
- HOW BIG IS YOUR FAMILY?
In my house it is just me and my wife (adding my brother to that in a little over a month). Growing up I had myself, 3 younger siblings, and my parents at home.
- FAVORITE CUISINE?
- WHAT FOOD DO YOU DISLIKE?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CD AT THE MOMENT?
3-way tie between “Heroes for Sale” by Andy Mineo, “Gravity” by Lecrae” and “Innermission” by DC Talk
- WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
1988 Jeep Comanche
- DO YOU GO BY ANY NICKNAMES?
People have a hard time spelling “Jared” so I go by all the misspellings unfortunately. I also started going by “JT” in college and it has stuck around.
- WHAT WEBSITES DO YOU VISIT THE MOST?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAST-TIME?
- WHAT IS A SMELL THAT TRIGGERS A STRONG MEMORY?
Burnt wood (not campfires or fireplaces); I immediately remember the night my family had a house fire.
- IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Australia +New Zealand
- WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE SINGER?
- WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR?
I have a lot! Currently I’d have to say Leonardo DiCaprio as he has had some amazing roles lately. It’s a shame he still hasn’t won at the Academy.
- FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING?
“Big Dog” though I’ll wear whatever fits and is affordable
- TO WHERE WOULD YOU RETIRE?
Somewhere that has a moderate climate and fast internet speeds
- WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY?
20th. It was my first without family around which meant nobody made a big deal about it. It was then I knew I had reached boring adulthood
- WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY AND DO YOU SHARE IT WITH ANYBODY FAMOUS?
June 20th; John Goodman and Nicole Kidman
- FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH?
- FURTHEST PLACE YOU ARE SENDING THIS?
If recent blog stats are to be believed: Poland
- GOAL YOU HAVE FOR YOURSELF?
To fix up my Jeep this summer – it needs to be lifted and get some new tires installed
- HOW MANY WEDDINGS HAVE YOU BEEN IN, INCLUDING YOUR OWN?
3 – I’m adding 2 more to that number this summer
- ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT PERSON?
After working graveyard for the last 2 months, I’m not really sure anymore. I know I love to sleep though.
- WHAT IS YOUR SHOE SIZE?
Depending on the brand, either a 10.5 or 11. Odd fact: I’m right handed but my left foot is longer than my right which goes against the norm
- DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
Our cat, Lilah. My wife and I have had her since right after we got married.
- ANY NEW AND EXCITING NEWS TO SHARE?
I’m becoming a Washingtonian tomorrow!
- WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE?
I wanted to work for Microsoft. I then grew up and realized Apple was superior :p
- HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Overloaded with the need to pack but excited for what tomorrow brings
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY?
Red Licorice/Haribo Gummi Bears
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PLANT OR FLOWER?
I’ve always liked Bonsai Trees
- WHAT DAY ON THE CALENDAR ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO?
May 28th is when I start my Youth Pastor position at our new church; June 29th is my little brother’s wedding
- WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN FROM HOME?
- A SMALL THING YOU REALLY ENJOY?
Walking barefoot on a clean floor
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
I haven’t read a fiction book for fun in years due to school so I’m not really sure anymore. I grew up reading Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Robinson Crusoe, and others like them so I’d have to go with those
- WHAT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
Finishing my college degree
- WHAT MAKES YOU CRINGE?
Blood. If I see large amounts of my own, I run the risk of passing out.
- IF YOU COULD DO ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Take a trip on a Zero-G plane
- WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THAT YOU WILL VISIT AGAIN?
Discovery Cove in Florida. I would love to take my wife there someday.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
This is impossible to answer as I love film. My favorite depends on the genre, the medium, the day, and so on.
- WHICH CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?
Either way, both are delicious
- HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU MADE SMILE TODAY?
None as I haven’t left the house yet. Though I think the cat smiled when I put food in her dish.
- WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE WORLD, WHAT DO YOU SEE?
People with stories worth listening to
- CATS OR DOGS?
- GOOD OR BAD?
Obviously good. I’m not a supervillain
- SOMETHING PEOPLE PROBABLY DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I didn’t learn how to talk till I was 4 years old and had to have speech therapy after that for stuttering; basically I will hear words but somehow they get lost in translation and I have difficulty in repeating it back. I still struggle with public speaking and this is apparent when I combine two different words or phrases into one because my brain can’t figure out which direction it wants to go. When I teach I usually have my entire lesson written out word for word which almost completely alleviates this problem.